The main outline of the Wind Effects part is as follows:
2. Defining the Wind
4. Structural Dynamics and Control
The primary textbook, which is available at the College of Engineering Library, will be:
- Wind Effects on Structures: Fundamentals and Applications to Design by Emil Simiu and Robert H. Scanlan.
- Design of Buildings and Bridges for Wind: A Practical Guide for ASCE-7 Standard Users and Designers of Special Structures by Simiu and Miyata,
- Wind Loading of Structures by John D. Holmes,
- Minimum Design Loads for Buildings And Other Structures: SEI/ASCE 7-05 (ASCE Standard No. 7-05) (ASCE Standard),
- Guide to the Use of the Wind Load Provisions of ASCE 7-02 (Mehta, Kishor C. Guide to the Use of the Wind Load Provisions of Asce 7-98.) by Kishor Mehta or
- Guide to the Use of the Wind Load Provisions of Asce 7-95 by K. Mehta and R.D. Marshall,
- and last but not the least, the National Structural Code of the Philippines, 5th ed., NSCP 2001, Volume 1 - Buildings, Towers, and Other Vertical Structures.